[PD-dev] MIDI fixes

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 11:19:02 CEST 2017

FYI MIDI heads

I've done some work to flesh out the Pd MIDI handling so all messages come through. I also found and fixed a pretty major bug in Portmidi on macOS which has been accepted upstream where Pm hangs when receiving a realtime message during a running status byte situation.

See: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/214 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/214>

and my test program: https://github.com/danomatika/miditester <https://github.com/danomatika/miditester>

I've tested on macOS and all values are coming in and out correctly. This needs to be tested on Linux and Windows.

I also went a bit crazy and implemented song select, song position, and time code objects but that got out of hand a bit as MTC is more complicated then I originally thought. This work is in a separate branch and not included in the PR above.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>