[PD-dev] message crash when using menuclose on patch

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 27 22:38:51 CEST 2017

On 09/27/2017 04:51 PM, Antoine Rousseau wrote:
> I just found out that if 2 instances of the same file are opened, sending a
> "pd-PatchName.pd menuclose" crashes Pd. I don't know if it is related to
> your problem.

iirc that has been reported on the tracker (on sf, i think) a while ago.

the problem is basically that you are modifying a linked list while
iterating over it (which is forbidden in a lot of high level languages
for a good reason).

afaict, iemguts' [canvasdelete] object provides a sane way to delete
open patches (or instantiated abstractions).
(but it's GPLed, so it might be of limited use if your target platform
is libpd/iOS)

cmx
IOhannes