[PD-dev] message crash when using menuclose on patch

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Wed Sep 27 23:18:08 CEST 2017

> modifying a linked list while iterating over it

yes. And if (for this name) there is only one receiver (the one which is
deleted when the message is received), then the end of the list is reached
before trying to access next element, so it *should* not crash.

Strangely, trying to 'menuclose' self top-level patch (through
[namecanvas]) crashes Pd, excepting when the patch isn't yet saved (newly
created one).

That said, I think that @Dan could use dynamic patching; I've just
successfully tested creating/destroying abstractions every 5 millis, while
the abstractions were forwarding a value updated every millisecond from
master patch, without any crash.

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __
http://www.metaluachahuter.com/