[PD-dev] [pure-data:svn] New commit [r17643] by mrpeach

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:44:16 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:24 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 10/12/2017 08:03 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
> > Since yesterday I've been trying to build midifile.c for Windows7 using
> > Visual Studio 2017. When I run the resulting dll using midifile-help.pd
> it
> > crashes Pd (0.48.0 installed from Miller's site) whenever sys_fopen() is
> > called. Doing the same thing using fopen() from stdio.h works fine.
>
> you mean, that sys_fopen() is crashing and never returning (rather than
> using the FILE returned by it)?cd
> can you open other files with Pd?
> e.g. can you *save* a Pd file?

Yes, when my midifile dll calls sys_fopen in the running instance of Pd, Pd
disappears from the screen. I was getting a crash report dialog, but not
any more. The Pd program runs fine, I can open and save patches. Also the
version of [midifile] from deken works fine, but I don't know how that was
built.