[PD-dev] object [text define] makes libpd crash

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:09:42 CET 2017

I investigated and here is what I found:
At initialization, pd_init() calls conf_init() (m_pd.c l.311)  that
calls x_qlist_setup()  (m_conf.c
l.91) that calls text_template_init() (x_text.c l.1970) etc. that ends
by calling
template_new() that binds a template to the the symbol "pd-text"
(g_template.c l.154). This binding is only valid at initialization and is
not duplicated when using new pdinstances that why it crashes. I guess
there is the same problem with the symbols "pd-float" and "pd-float-array"
with garray_init(). I'll try to find a solution now.