[PD-dev] canvas moveto

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:31:04 CET 2017

That's the idea and I'd like to start with looking into porting Jonathan's work first. It would be nice to have a generic GUI layer so it would be easier to write GUIs and externals which would then work across flavors of Pd without relying directly on Tk drawing commands.

For instance, I'd like to be able to drop my custom CoreGraphics implementations of the Pd GUIs in PdParty and just receive draw commands I can build with CG instead and then send touch/click/key events into libpd. As it is now, I've basically reverse-engineered the GUI behaviors and communicate via send & receives.

Something to move toward.

> From: Fred Jan Kraan <fjkraan at xs4all.nl <mailto:fjkraan at xs4all.nl>>
>
> On 03-11-17 18:42, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>

>> In any case, I'm still interested in ways to abstract the raw guilt tcl
>> from the core usage in order to provide a generic interface for guis
>> communication in libpd, so looking into this could be part of that...
>
> Is this the problem that Purr-data and CICM tried to solve?
>
> There were some ideas discussed atd Pd-CON-2016, and it would be nice to
> try to implement it as a proof of concept for 'standard' objects and
> maybe some IEM-GUI ones. Having something implemented makes it easier to
> talk about the problem (the 'code,talk' adagium).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>