[PD-dev] 0.48-1 release plans

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:11:37 CET 2017

> Hey, these are good news!

Sure is :D

> However I wish #205 had label "bug/fix", because path management is
> currently really confusing IMO.

I don't know how much of saying this is aimed at bugfixes relies in the
github repo being clearly marked as a bugfix. There are some bugfixes there
that are not marked as anything. Now, this one is marked only as an
"enhancement", but #205 sure addresses a bug, which is a conflicting
information in [declare]'s documentation - see issue #184 (and the fact
that #205 is a response to it). And I quote my last comment in #184 about
it. *"Hi, as I see it, this is not a suggestion to "enhance" Pd, but really
to "fix a bug". I explain it better in my first comment about this issue,
but let me point it out in short: We have a new understanding since the
release of 0.48-0, but some things do not work as they should now, hence, a
"bug".*

> I can't wait for a simple and durable solution...

I hear you :)

> #227 also is quite desirable in order to have consistent rendering across
> OSes and completed zoom.

That surely is happening. It is marked as an enhancement, but also as a
bugfix, and Miller already asked if he could merge it. And it is also a big
bug introduced in 0.48.

So, yeah, maybe we could go through the Pull Requests and mark them
properly and see what would only be an "enhancement" and not make it
through.

If I could persuade and convince at least one enhancement to make it,
that'd be https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/193 - that seems
quite easy and worry free, plus a nice update to [soundfiler] :)

cheers