[PD-dev] question about current directory

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:56:25 CET 2017

Ok, sorry for the noise. I realize I misunderstood a number of things. In looking through things now I see:

* if pd is started first, pd-gui uses the current working dir
* if pd-gui is started first, it sends the current working dir

So after startup, both should have the same current working dir. Good.

My confusion was coming from the role of $::fileopendir and $::filenewdir. I see that they are really placeholders for the current dir the user has navigated to when using either the menu panels or [openpanel] / [savepanel]. They previously did not directly reflect the current working dir anyway...

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 12:13 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Or maybe I'm mainly seeing a disparity because I introduced one with the Documents path... ;) hah
>
>> On Dec 1, 2017, at 11:55 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm noticing that pd and the pd-gui seem to have different notions about the current directory:
>>
>> * pd: when started on commandline, current path is the working directory when pd was started
>> * pd-gui: when started before pd, current path for panels is $::env(HOME) aka home directory ... even though *actual* current dir is pd bin folder

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>