[PD-dev] 0.48-1 release plans

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 2 20:40:27 CET 2017

OK, I ended up pushing to a new branch (just to stay on the safe side for now).
Assuming all looks OK I can make this the main branch.

I had one small ouch: I don't think I can compatibly change t_int to int
in m_pd.h (this is mentioned on another thread somewhere).  I don't know how
to make clang pipe down about this short of casting almost every call to
atom_getint*() in the whole tree.  Yuck...  Maybe it's better just to tell
clang to be more permissive (if that's possible)?

Meanwhile, I think PRs are starting to appear on top of the existing PRs...
and/or they're growing since I tried to merge them.  I don't know how to
get github to think of the PRs as against the 0.48-1 branch, so my thought
for the moment is to wait until it looks save to merge 0.48-1 into master and
then try merging whatever PRs might have changed.

In case some PR in fact hasn't been added to since I made all the merges, I
think it will look like it has been merged once I merge the 0.48-1 branch
into master.  So at that point it should be easier to figure out which PRs
need to be re-merged.

cheers
Miller