[PD-dev] 0.48-1 release plans

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 2 23:57:12 CET 2017

Or (aha) - I could make up new function names for the "int" versions and
change the pd sources to use them, and declare the existing ones obsolete...?

In fact, is there any reason one can't just globally replace every call
to atom_getint and atom_getintarg with the atom_getfloat equivalent - let
externs blithely call atom_getint and get a t_int back all they want.

That would touch a lot of files so if I do it perhaps I should make sure
to do all the PR-merging I possibly can beforehand.

AND: there's no reason I can't assign a float to an int without a cast, is
there?  As I understand it the only clang complaint is int-to-smaller-int
conversions.  So int x = atom_getfloat(&atom) is still kosher, correct?

thanks
Miller