[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 11:46:49 CET 2017

On a platform where building Pd with autotools is just a matter of
hitting ./configure && make, the need for a 'self-replicating' binary
package seems to be obviated indeed. Frankly I didn't know it is so
easy, since INSTALL.txt for 0.48-0 still tells you to generate the
configure script. Will 0.48-1 be different in this respect?

There's another reason too I was bumping this topic: the changed API
path breaks build scripts of external libraries that have the path
hard-coded. Issues about this are still pending:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/181

https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder/issues/33

If the intention is to leave out sources from future binary
distributions for all platforms, would it be an idea to include a copy
of the API files in the old path (src) during a transition period, say
until the next major version?

Katja