[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:22:34 CET 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the intention is to leave out sources from future binary
> distributions for all platforms, would it be an idea to include a copy
> of the API files in the old path (src) during a transition period, say
> until the next major version?
>

> Right. If the requirement is that the headers need to be in a "src" folder
> instead of "include", I can fix that no problem as it was just a cleanup
> detail I've not gotten around to fixing.

Sorry, my phrasing wasn't completely unambiguous but I meant to say 'a
copy of the API files in the old path, in addition to the API files in
the new path.' For API files alone, 'include' is the conventional
directory indeed. So better stay with that, while providing copies in
the old path temporarily as a transition facility. That would give
devs and maintainers of external libs some time to update their build
scripts.

Katja