[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 17:20:08 CET 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 1:14 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a followup, here is a source tarball generated from "make dist":
> pd-0.48.0.tar.gz It should work on Linux and macOS. We still have some
> things to iron out for Windows/MinGW.

Wonderful. This is professional and user-friendly at the same time.
What I understand from autotools, bootstrapping is only needed for
developer tasks (like changing dependencies) and a source distribution
for end users should ideally include the configure script. I was never
aware that target 'dist' includes the configure script. The package in
your tarball builds smooth with './configure' and 'make' (on my linux
box preconfigured to build pd). With target 'dist', a new source
tarball pops up in the tree. Cool!