[PD-dev] Pd 0.48 app bundle without src dir

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:45:45 CET 2017

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed it back from "include" to a "src" folder after Katja's issue a few
> months ago, so the current master uses "src". If we do want to transition to
> an a more standard "include" folder, the best way would be to place the
> header in "include" and make a symlink to "src" for now. Just to make sure,
> I believe we are only talking about the macOS .app bundle so using a
> relative symlink shouldn't be a problem.

This solution seems most future-proof. If the full sources would come
back in a future release, API files and symlink can swap location. The
layout would then be as in pre-0.48-0 with the addition of 'include'
symlink to the API. If the sources will not come back, you still have
the symlink for compatibility with pre-0.48.0 layout. And in the
meantime, till the decision about full sources is made, at least we
need not worry about where the API will be in every subsequent
release.

Katja