[PD-dev] [pure-data/pd-lib-builder] Target architecture detection for MinGW 32 and 64 (#38)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 21 22:56:53 CET 2018

(taking this to the pd-dev list, and off the pd-lib-builder issue on github)

On 01/20/2018 09:55 PM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> @katjav:  May be you know better whats happening.
>
> The thing started while we where working on the Autotools branch https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/275
>
> While testing that we also get a working 64bit Pd. On those tests @umlaeute  suggested we try https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/7.
>
> I never tried to build a w64 Pd without the` ./configure --with-wish=wish86.exe CPPFLAGS=-DPD_LONGINTTYPE=__int64`
>
> It happens that if I build an external without `-DPD_LONGINTTYPE=__int64` Pd crashes when dsp is turned on (with the external under test)
>
> Is still unknown what happens if w64 Pd is built without the CPPFLAG.

it's pretty well known what is happening when building Pd on 64bit
windows without the CPPFLAG: Pd tries to cram a 64bit pointer into a
32bit integer, dropping 32 crucial bits, leaing to a segfault when
trying to access the data at the given position.

gfmdsar
IOhannes