[PD-dev] porting MSP externals - sysmem_newptrclear and sysmem_freeptr

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 17:47:09 CET 2018

Hi Devs,
I'm attempting to port a library of MSP externals for LPC analysis and resynthesis.I've come across these elements from the Max API:
t_ptr sysmem_newptrclear (long size)andvoid sysmem_freeptr (void *ptr)
My head has hit a block, and I need to learn about how Pd deals with these aspects of memory / pointer allocation.Do I need to just init a pointer in the code?
enclosed is the original of one of the externals (mbc.blit~.c) and my first attempt at porting it (lpc_blit~.c)
Enlightnment awaits...I hope.Ed _-_-_-_-_-_-_-^-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

For Lone Shark releases, Pure Data software and published Research, go to http://sharktracks.co.uk