[PD-dev] pdlibbuilder overrides

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 13:12:59 CET 2018

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to make a quick test build of an external which uses
> pdlibbuilder (abl_link~) and wanted to simply disable optimizations and
> enable debug symbol generation.
>
> I tried a simple CFLAG override but it didn't seem to work:
>
> make CFLAGS="-O0 -g"
>
> How do override work with pdlibbuilder? Usually, I would expect this to at
> least append "-O0 -g" to the end of the computed CFLAGS.
>
> Can you specify "didn't seem to work"?

CFLAGS should override categories optimization.flags arch.c.flags. You can
inspect accumulated c.flags and cxx.flags by using "make vars CFLAGS="-O0
-g". For me on Xubuntu that gives:

c.flags = -DPD -I "/usr/include/pd" -DUNIX  -fPIC  -O0 -g
cxx.flags = -DPD -I "/usr/include/pd" -DUNIX  -fPIC -fcheck-new  -O0 -g

--------