[PD-dev] pdlibbuilder and static linking pthread by default on Windows.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:02:46 CET 2018

On 2/6/2018 1:06 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
> It would be nice if the 'official' tool chain for building externals
> that work with vanilla Pd on a Windows machine in 2018 could be
> explicitly documented somewhere.

I think that for your lib is most likely that with the new 0.5.0
https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder and Msys2 you will get both
32-bit and the brand new 64-bit builds.

As of pthread, you can open your [external].dll with
http://www.dependencywalker.com/, there are 32 (to check 32bit dlls) and
64 bit versions.
You will get lots of info when you open your [external].dll.
On win10 there are many false missing deps warnings.
There you will find which pthread.dll your build is using.
If you build with Msys2 this is libwinpthread-1.dll

To add confusion this pthread has two incompatible 32 and 64 versions
with the same name and are located in the %/mingw32/bin and %/mingw64/bin