[PD-dev] pdlibbuilder and static linking pthread by, default on Windows.

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:08:09 CET 2018

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use the same setup as compiling Pd on Windows. We recently did a
> bunch of work to make this possible and I documented the build setup:
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/299/files#diff-
> 48d1bc6644af8a5b129735ddf46363c4
>
> It should work with externals + pdlibbuilder and might be good for
> pdlibbuilder to point to this section in the INSTALL.txt.

Thanks, this is very useful!
I followed the instructions to make the latest Pd from git and got to this
part though which doesn't work:

+* build a Pd application directory for Windows (recommended)
+* build a Windows installer
+
+A Pd application directory is essentially a self-contained Pd package which
+should run out of the box. To build, simply use:
+
+ make app
+
+This will create a "pd-VERSION" directory (ie. pd-0.48.1) which can then
be used
+by running pd.exe in the bin directory and placed wherever on your system.
For
+more info & options regarding the Pd app directory, see msw/README.txt
+

So with msys2 I get:
martin at martin-PC MINGW32 ~/pure-data$ make app
make -C mac app
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/martin/pure-data/mac'
echo "app bundle only supported when building on OS X"
app bundle only supported when building on OS X
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/martin/pure-data/mac'

..so is there another command to make a windows version or is it just
'make'?

Martin