[PD-dev] pdlibbuilder and static linking pthread by, default on Windows.

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Thu Feb 8 00:05:25 CET 2018

did you try to run it from the Msys2 shell or did you double click? try both and check again if you get any errors. also, what's your system?

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. Februar 2018 um 22:46 Uhr
Von: "Martin Peach" <chakekatzil at gmail.com>
An: pd-dev <pd-dev at lists.iem.at>
Betreff: Re: [PD-dev] pdlibbuilder and static linking pthread by, default on Windows.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 3:07 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at[mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at]> wrote:

On 02/07/2018 08:33 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
> Ah I see, more secret stuff...

while this might seem annoying and offputting to you, it is really just
a very basic and common git workflow.

> I got this one:
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data[https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data]
> and ran autogen.sh and configure from the top level.
>
> Where would I find this other branch of which you speak?

if you cloned via git, you already have it:

$ git checkout mingw-autotools-nolibdir

(on the URL that lucas posted, you can also download the entire branch
as a ZIP-file; but really: getting used to git and using it pays off
endlessly)

Yes I got it, I didn't realize it was in a different branch. And I keep running out of time :(

+ make app

+

+This will create a "pd-VERSION" directory (ie. pd-0.48.1) which can then be used

+by running pd.exe in the bin directory and placed wherever on your system. For

+more info & options regarding the Pd app directory, see msw/README.txt

+

Now the 'make app' command produces the pd-.0.48.1 directory with pd.exe inside it but nothing happens if I run that file -- no errors, no messages, just returns to the prompt. So I suppose I still need to run something in the msw directory to build tcl/tk; the README.txt in there gives a list of possibilities, It's not clear to me which script to use to get a 'vanilla' pd.exe, or do I just unpack pdprototype.tgz?

Martin
 _______________________________________________ Pd-dev mailing list Pd-dev at lists.iem.at https://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-dev[https://lists.puredata.info/listinfo/pd-dev]