[PD-dev] osx -stdlib path

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:50:17 CET 2018

I have an external I've created that I've put into:
/Users/alex/Documents/Pd/externals/jit_expr/
the binary is called "jit_expr.pd_darwin"

xnor-work:~/projects/perfect/center$ ls
/Users/alex/Documents/Pd/externals/jit_expr/
LICENSE-parser     LICENSE-pd         LICENSE-xnor       jit_expr-help.pd
jit_expr.pd_darwin

In the binary, the externals themselves are named "jit/expr" "jit/expr~"
and "jit/fexpr~"

On my work, osX machine, when I [declare -stdlib jit_expr] I then fail to
create [jit/expr]
On my home, linux machine, where my external folder is located at
/home/alex/.local/lib/pd/externals/jit_expr and appropriately named
jit_expr.pd_linux
I succeed to create [jit/expr] after [declare -stdlib jit_expr]

Is this a bug am I not following some naming convention that I should be?

I could see wanting to put my external in a folder called "jit" and then
naming them "expr", "expr~" etc but I could imagine "jit" is more likely to
collide and so "jit_expr" seemed more reasonable.
maybe I should just call the whole thing "jit_expr", and just call the
objects "expr" etc without the prefix in the code and then be able to
create [jit_expr/expr] with no declare because it'll be in the stdlib
already?
Am I confusing conventions that exist for single binary libraries with
multiple objects and binaries with only one?

Either way, should I file a bug that the behavior isn't the same on osx and
linux?

thanks,
Alex