[PD-dev] comment encoding

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 19:22:31 CET 2018

Something that's bothered me for a while is that numbers in comments are treated as actual numbers and not as pure text when saved/loaded, ie. a version number in a comment like:

    - 1.0: first working version

strips the "1.0" to "1" when loaded:

    - 1: first working version

I would think that the atom string saved/loaded for the comment object would simply represent text without needing much stripping/replacement.

Relatedly, I also would think having an escape for endlines would be possible in the atom string. The comment object can clearly support displaying endless as you can add them fine, they just don't survive after saving.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>