[PD-dev] [PD] Fwd: external help, please

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 06:11:50 CET 2018

> you probably should learn how to use a debugger

True! Enough fooling around... I should really learn how to use one now
that I keep getting serious about this. But they're not so that easy to get
started with for someone like me. I remember I wasn't very lucky with it a
while back and just thought I'd let it go for then. But I see your point
and it made me realize I gotta do something about it, thanks.

#1 printf debugging.
> your code crashes? add printf() statements (or "post()" for that matter).

Yeah, that's all I really know how to do so far, it didn't help me much
here.

But anyway, I also have a not debugging issue, which would be how to fix
this code to have its outlets flipped/reversed, see =>
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/issues/161

This object is pretty stable, doesn't crash at all, but has this issue.
I've been checking many externals and other examples, such as
cyclone/matrix~, the example one from Pierre, and also now yours
[matrix_*~] - and code above is actually modeled and derived after
[cyclone/gate~], so I guess enough checking other externals, cause still no
luck for me...

So the question to this list is if I can do something to get the output in
the right order, from "1 to 6", instead of "6 to 1". If not a simple trick
and edit to the current code, I see a way around would maybe be to have a
temporary array and rearrange things over. But I also tried all I could
think of (again also checking other externals) and nothing worked... so I
was hoping maybe I could get a hand on that at least.

Thanks