[PD-dev] deken: major revamp of the packaging format for externals

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 26 19:14:04 CET 2018

On 02/26/2018 05:55 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> I would suggest that, since the strings you propose will be filenames, they
> also not contain any characters that are interpreted (e.g. '\', '/') or not
> accepted by all filesystems.

yes of course.
i stripped that from my already very long email under the assumption,
that nobody will be able to construct a file with an invalid filename,
and even less be able to upload it, anyhow :-)

so the valid characters are all valid filename characters for mainstream
filesystems with the exception of parentheses and square brackets.
(which is a rather vague definition as well)

mgfdsar
IOhannes