[PD-dev] soundfiler~ thread usage

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 16 03:12:36 CEST 2018

This might be OS-dependent - on linux at least, you can create all the
threads you want and have them sleep forever waiting on a mutex with no
performacne hit (as far as I know anyhow).

I dont know what the ramifications would be of starting up threads only
when a readsfi~ or writesf~ gets an "open" message - I don't think that would
cause problems except for the slight increase in complexity of the code.

cheers
Miller