[PD-dev] MARCH in Deken file name

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sat Apr 28 02:04:07 CEST 2018

Hi,

what should the string for MARCH be in the deken file name for Intel
compatible processors, the deken documentation is unclear here:

- 64 bit: amd64 or x86_64?
AFAIK both mean the same thing, but are used in different contexts, most
Linux distros use amd64, while on Windows x64 (Visual Studio) and x86_64
(MinGW) are used, no idea about Mac.

- 32 bit: i386 or x86?
Linux distros use i386, Windows x86, no idea about Mac.

The examples use both 64 bit versions, inconsistent in the usage:
https://github.com/pure-data/deken/blob/master/developer/README.md#filename-format

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how
dumb my suggestions are."