[PD-dev] how to configure PD to find ASIO when compiling with mingw?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 07:33:46 CEST 2018

Also there where changes on the "name" of the ASIOSDK folder.

verbatim from https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/tree/master/asio :

----
# Windows ASIO Support

In order to build ASIO support into Pd on Windows, you need to download the
ASIO sources from Steinberg directly. Their license does not let us
redistribute their source files.

Install the ASIO SDK by doing the following:

1. Download the ASIO SDK:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developer.html
2. Uncompress asiosdk2.3.zip (or higher) into this directory
3. remove the version number so that you get pure-data/asio/ASIOSDK

Now build Pd and it should include ASIO as one of the audio backends.