[PD-dev] pd.lib & msvc - missing symbols

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:29:49 CEST 2018

I just realized that pd is now available on Windows 64bit, thanks a lot !
So I updated my CMake library build system for Pd (
https://github.com/pierreguillot/pd.build) and I realized that the Windows
distributions of Pd now offers the files pd.lib and pd.def that are
necessary for compiling using MSVC (I think I saw something about it on the
list but I don't find it...). But there are missing symbols: on Windows
64bit I can't use s_list and s_signal for example. I solved the issue by
creating my own pd.lib and pd.def from pd.dll. So if you encounter the same
issue, you can simply do

> dumpbin /EXPORTS pd.dll > pd.exports
Then paste the names of all the functions and symbols from pd.exports into
a new pd.def file and add a line with the word EXPORTS at the top of this
file then do
> lib /def:pd.def /out:pd.lib

I hope it could help some of you. Perhaps we could add a documentation
somewhere about it... (I don't know if it useful...) I can help if needed.
Cheers,

Pierre