[PD-dev] pd.lib & msvc - missing symbols

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 23 11:38:13 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-23 11:29, Pierre Guillot wrote:
> But there are missing symbols: on Windows
> 64bit I can't use s_list and s_signal for example. I solved the issue by
> creating my own pd.lib and pd.def from pd.dll. So if you encounter the same
> issue, you can simply do
>
>> dumpbin /EXPORTS pd.dll > pd.exports
>> lib /def:pd.def /out:pd.lib

the problem with this is that it requires MSVC tools
now, the target audience are MSVC-users (who else needs that pd.lib...),
so they already have it.
however, it would be nice if the shipped pd.lib (which uses the MinGW
toolchain and doesn't have the MSVC tools) would contain all the
required symbols.

otoh, i do think that those global variables (`e.g. `s_float`) shouldn't
be used in the first place: use the `gensym()` equivalents.

gasdmr
IOhannes