[PD-dev] Github being bought by MS

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:35:14 CEST 2018

> I originally started using Github for Pd mainly because it would make it
> far easier for people to contribute to the project, ie. PR instead of
> .patch files. It's definitely delivered on that aspect.

not being an actual programmer, I can say I was only able to do minor
contributions to Pd and work on external libraries because I found the
interface of github (and github desktop, specially) to be reasonably easy
to deal with.

I guess I can manage to adapt to other scenarios, but with IOhannes'
remarks, I don't think I'll ditch github for my own projects unless
something really fishy comes up from this MS merging. But most of all, I'm
just worry they screw things up dramatically, like they did it with Skype
:)

cheers