[PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1314 WSAStartup failure prevents pd patch from running headless on Windows 10

Ticket 1314 1314 at bugs.pure-data.p.re.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 4 20:38:57 CEST 2018

---

** [bugs:#1314] WSAStartup failure prevents pd patch from running headless on Windows 10**

**Status:** open
**Group:** v0.48
**Created:** Sat Aug 04, 2018 06:38 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Sat Aug 04, 2018 06:38 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

- [osc_test.pd](https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/1314/attachment/osc_test.pd) (426 Bytes; application/octet-stream)

I am attempting to run this simple patch: osc_test.pd on my Windows 10 computer, headless, using pd 0.48-1 vanilla along with the mrpeach external. Using the command prompt, I go to the directory that contains this patch, and then enter the command "pd -nogui osc_test.pd". When I do this, I get

error: udpreceive: socket: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed. (10093)
verbose(4): ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
error: udpsend socket: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed. (10093)
error: udpsend: not connected

However, when I instead enter the command "pd osc_test.pd" (with the GUI) it is able to run properly. By run properly, I mean that

udpsend: connecting to port 9001
print: /test 20 30 40

is printed in the pd terminal window, which is the expected behavior.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because pd-dev at lists.iem.at is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/