[PD-dev] roadmap for Pd-0.49?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 4 06:00:49 CEST 2018

I'd like to find a way that doesn't use glist_delete() which does a
linear search to find the objects's predecessor - if you use this to cull
items from a list of them the complexity is order n^2.

But this gives me an idea - the pointer object could perfectly well
simply cache the previous item in the list so that the current one can be
deleted and the previous one linked to the successor.

(Of course if the window's visible it's still very inefficient - so this
might be a lot less important than I've been thinking it is.)

cheers
miller