[PD-dev] savestate

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:47:17 CEST 2018

What I was implying, then, is that if [savestate] brings this kind of functionality, albeit tangentially, then why not include specific [initbang] and [closebang] objects as well? That would solve a longstanding feature request without kludging the [savestate] mechanism which may/or may not change.

> On Sep 8, 2018, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 22:04:14 +0200
> From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>>
> To: pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD-dev] savestate
>
> On 9/3/18 3:35 PM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> Also, does the right outlet effectively act as a "save bang"? This might be tangentially useful for some data structure abstractions...
>
> what i find even more exiting, is that the left outlet effectively acts
> as an "init bang", finally allowing you to create abstractions with a
> dynamic number of iolets in Pd-vanilla (in a way that survives saving
> both the abstraction and its containing patch).
>
> gfmard
> IOhannes

--------
Dan Wilcox