[PD-dev] translation push

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:00:36 CEST 2018

Howdy all,

After the dust settles form the 0.49 release, I think it would be good to have a translation push. deken and the new editing functionality have brought some more strings and most of the languages are really just skeletons from Pd-extended. Those of us that are teaching may be able to ask some international students for help on this and it's relatively easy for non-developers to use poedit.

For the developers, could we consider building Pd with gettext support in the core? Then we could translate most of the internal strings without having to resort to string matching on the GUI side.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>