[PD-dev] Pd release plans

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:25:07 CEST 2018

Sounds good! I'm glad this didn't end up being as big of a release as last time. OTOH that means we were able to get a lot right a year ago. We're still cleaning up details from the Tk 8.5 transition on macOS but, luckily, this work should be pretty solid from here on out.

I have a few bigger features I wanted to get to, but less time this summer. Most of what I'm thinking of would benefit from being collaborated and tested over a longer period anyway and I think the fall & spring seems to be good for this kind of work within the cycle.

The few things left I can see that would be relatively painless are:

* https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/466 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/466>
* https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/461 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/461> (a little peev of mine)

Also, perhaps either of the css updates to the manual could be considered as the modern responsive font sizing is a big bonus IMO:

* https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/232 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/232>
* https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/233 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/233>

> On Sep 14, 2018, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
>
> To Pd dev -
>
> An update on Pd release plans:  I'll be away from my usual Pd-testing computers Friday
> through next Tuesday, so won't be able to test updates or to track down system-dependent
> problems til then.  I'm planning to make a "test3" release later today (perhaps about
> 6PM Thursday in California --- 3AM Friday UTC).  Between Friday and Tuesday I'll
> probably be using the test version heavily myself getting patches ready for the classes
> I'm teaching this fall.  Wednesday-ish I'll take stock of whatever critical bugs
> have popped up, and if there aren't any show-stoppers I can officially release 0.49-0.
>
> I'll be happy to consider updates to documentation, but no new features for now - time
> to wrap :)
>
> Miller

--------
Dan Wilcox