[PD-dev] Windows 64bit installer was: (PD 0.49-0test1 released)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:20:44 CEST 2018

Moving this to the dev list:

Yes the w64 installer defaults to 'Program Files (x86)' instead of
'Program Files' . This makes a mess if a user wants to install both an
32pd & an 64pd.

2 different nsis scripts can be made and both installations are
possible(1) but they both share the same “windows registry” which is
rather dirty.

It is also possible to advise the user not to have more than 1
installation with some message when the installer is run, like:

“Please uninstall any previous installation and don't attempt to have
32bit-Pd and 64bit-Pd installed on the same machine/user”

There's some time to think what to do.

:)

(1) different app names (pure data 32 bit, pure data 64 bit) different
start-menu entries and other stuff.