[PD-dev] simple external question (how to make an inlet acess a function)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:05:50 CET 2018

Hi, I'm writing a signal external, it takes a signal in its main inlet and
a float in its right inlet.

I want the float to be able to access a function in the code, right now I'm
using something like:

    inlet_new(&x->x_obj, &x->x_obj.ob_pd, &s_float, gensym("ft1"));

In the "new" method, and then I also need to a class_addmethod included in
the setup for "ft1" and I was hoping I didn't need that and could use
another alternative.

What I think it's not elegant is that this makes the object actually take a
"ft1" message in the main signal inlet. I know it's no biggie, but it
annoys the hell out of me.

So is there any other way to make the inlet access a function inside the
code without the need to add a method for it? Or do I just have to deal
with it?

thanks