[PD-dev] file search path proposal

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 8 22:29:18 CET 2018

THere are two separate things to do - one, have the readsf~ thread cache the
path (and update all the caches whenever the path changes)... and then
also to figure out what the most appropriate path behavior is.  Perhaps it's
best to make the most permissive policy, in which relative paths are searched
relative to the abstraction directory, and then again relative to each
(recursive) owner's directory, in turn.  It sounds like a lot of fooling around
though.  Another possibility would be to make a new "declare" option that
adds to the path relative to the patch in which the declare object is found.

Incidentally, "-lib" is extremely confusing... should we deprecate it and
replace with "-loadbinary" or something?

cheers
Miller