[PD-dev] compiling 32 bit linux externals on 64 bit linux using pd-lib-builder

Joseph Larralde joseph.larralde at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:31:49 CET 2018

I'm using a macbook from 2015 running el capitan.
I have a bootcamp partition with windows 10 installed which I use for
windows debugging and compilation.
I already had virtualbox installed on the osx partition with a debian
jessie 64 bit virtual machine.
I just created another virtual machine in virtualbox and installed a
freshly downloaded debian stretch 32 bit on it.
Now it seems everything is compiling fine everywhere with the same
Makefile (didn't try on arm architectures yet, though).

If you want to have a look, here's the original repository :
https://github.com/josephlarralde/jl.pd.lib

I am far from continuous integration but I'm happy with this workflow at
the moment (and I never used any CI tool).
If it becomes too tedious, I'll consider more optimal solutions.
I'm pretty sure you can compile for any target from a linux distribution
but I never did that, and I have no clue how to do it.

Cheers