[PD-dev] why some structs are defined in m_obj.c? + what are vinlets and voutlets?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Tue Nov 20 18:29:19 CET 2018

Hi,

you can actually use obj_starttraverseoutlet() to traverse the outlets like this:

// x is your object
t_outlet *outlet;
int nout = obj_noutlets(x);
for (int i = 0; i < nout; ++i){
    obj_starttraverseoutlet(x, &outlet, i);
    // do something with outlet
}

obj_starttraverseoutlet returns the connections from this outlet to other ojects (which you can traverse with obj_nexttraverseoutlet), but it also gives you the outlet via the second parameter (a t_outlet** so it can change your t_outlet* to point to the right outlet).

note that those functions are not part of the public API, so use with caution.

Christof