[PD-dev] Keyboard patching

Henri Augusto Bisognini msndohenri at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 18:41:22 CET 2018

Hi PD list!

I have an idea for a "keyboard patching" feature for PD that allows you to navigate connections with the keyboard.

It also allows for neatly placing objects when connecting new ones to any outlet!

I've made a little working prototype showing the idea. Basically you use Ctrl+arrows to nagivate inlets, outlets and connections.

Instead of always using the first one, when you place a new object (and auto-patch is enabled) the new object is connected to the selected outlet and placed exactly in the same exact X coordinates.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyhm40tj7bU

Cheers,
Henri.