[PD-dev] Error when trying to use externals compiled in OS X 10.14.1(Mojave) in OS X 10.10.5(Yosemite)

jakob skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:25:20 CET 2018

Hey guys!

I have been talking to a developer about some externals, which he compiled in OS X Mojave 10.14.1, for Pd 0.49-1.

But when I try to add the externals as a path, in the same pd version, but on OS X 10.10.5 I get this error:

“no such object found”.

As shown in this video below(The video shows PD 0.48-2, but I have also tried PD 0.49-1 with same result):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNhBTOaTl5w&feature=youtu.be

Seems like Pure Data won’t recognise them.

So my question is:

- Are there any known issues on using externals compiled on a never version of OS X on an older version of OS X?
- Or do you have any other suggestions to what might be the reason that they don’t work on my system and works on his system?

I have many other externals and they all work, so I am pretty sure I have set everything up right on my end, so I dont think its a user error…. I hope not :)

I would love to give some feedback to the developer, that might help get it sorted, so if anyone have some suggestions, that I could pass on, it would be lovely :)

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Jakob(Jaffasplaffa)