[PD-dev] removing pd/bin/msvr*.dll from Pd/win

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 22 23:36:34 CET 2019

Would this mean that anyone shipping a binary external for Windows would
have to put it in a separate directory with its own msvcrt.dll/msvcr90.dll?
Sounds like a nightmare to me.

I don't understand the issues yet... in particular, since pdlibbuilder uses
mingw on Windows, how does it work with Pd if mingw and msvcr*dll aren't
compatible?  Is pdlibbuilder/mingw statically linking in its own msvcr*?

cheers
Miller