[PD-dev] libpd search paths

Joseph Larralde joseph.larralde at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:42:21 CET 2019

Hi,

A friend of mine wrote this libpd wrapper for nodejs (which is actually
a work in progress) :
https://github.com/ircam-jstools/node-libpd
It's running fine on a pi3 I'm using ATM.

Now I need to use some externals I wrote, and I can't get them to load
properly.
But, they're loading when I start my test patch using pd itself.

Before diving into his wrapper code, I'd like to make sure I'm placing
the externals in the right path.
What makes me think it should be working is this page :
https://github.com/libpd/libpd/wiki/misc
And also the fact that in his code, he's calling the init() function
from PdBase, which is itself calling the libpd_init() function.

I tried putting the externals into /usr/local/lib/pd-externals,
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra, /usr/lib/pd/extra and ~/.local/lib/pd/extra.
But still no luck ...

Can anyone confirm I'm not mistaken ?

Cheers,
Joseph