[PD-dev] libpd search paths

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Wed Feb 13 13:58:54 CET 2019

If loading abstractions works, then it is possible that the external you are trying to load is somehow incompatible. Was it built for this specific architecture, against the same exact version of PureData? Are the externals relying on any external library? Are those libraries - if any - available on the computer you are running this on?I'd recommend you run a bare-minimum raw libpd program to make sure the externals are loaded properly. For instance, you can build and run the program in libpd/samples/c/pdtest/ and verify that it can load your externals successfully, so at least you can temporarily rule out the node.js wrapper as the cause of the issue.
Giulio
 On Wednesday, 13 February 2019, 12:32:55 GMT, Joseph Larralde <joseph.larralde at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lucas,

>From everything you listed, only loading an abstraction from the same
dir worked.
I'll investigate in the addon's code itself and see if I can get it to
work using `libpd_add_to_search_path()` somewhere.

Also, I might precise that usually I declare my externals using their
folder name as a prefix, in this case [jl/gbend~ <name_of_table>]
This frees me from having to use [declare] and avoids eventual name
conflicts.
Could this be an issue because of the library name not being the
external's name when using [declare] ?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Joseph