[PD-dev] netsend/netreceive UDP ignore ECONNREFUSED

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Mar 25 03:42:48 CET 2019

Hi Dan,

On 23/3/19 5:56 am, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> From my reading on the socket API, sending a UDP message conceptually
> shouldn't care about whether the receiver is there. However this is
> detected on a lower networking layer and propagated up to the
> application layer where it can be used or ignored.

You probably know this already but it is possible to operate UDP in
connectionless or connection-oriented mode. Connection-oriented is
somewhere between TCP and connectionless. In connection-oriented mode I
suppose you would want to know if the other side is there or not,
whereas with connectionless you probably just want to fire and forget.
Not sure if this affects what you are doing but might help explain what
you're seeing.

Cheers,

Chris.

--