[PD-dev] CAF file support?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 19 18:35:12 CEST 2019

I'm of two minds about this - I think it would be excellent to start offering
64-bit file lengths, but I wonder if this is going to be a widely-used format
or not (personally I've never heard of it :)

Also - I have three dolist items for soundfiler/read/writesf~ :

fix thread-unsafe way readsf~ searches along the file path (need to make a
local copy of the path so that the sub-thread isn't asking the canvas to
do the search via open_via_path)

allow reading and writing ASCII text files (way way overdue!)

fix writesf~ to make running updates to the chunk size as the file grows,
so that if the file never gets 'closed' it still gets a reasonable size

None of this is the least bit fun or interesting I'm afraid...

cheers
Miller