[PD-dev] issues compiling Pd in macOS mojave

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed May 1 01:27:18 CEST 2019

64 bit is the default for compiling the Pd core. Your problem is that you are using the old canonical 32-bit Tk Wish as provided with Pd which has not been updated with Miller's 8.5.19 build yet (as far as I remember).

You need to build Tcl, TK, & Wish yourself and then use it to build Pd.app. This is outlined in mac/README.txt

Your steps should be:

Build Pd

    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure
    ./make

Build Wish (and leave it around for reuse)

    mac/tcltk-wish.sh --leave 8.5.19

Build Pd-0.49-1.app

    mac/osx-app.sh --wish Wish-8.5.19 0.49-1

> Hi, I'm doing
>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> ./make
> ./make app
>
> but then I can't open Pd in Mojave as it seems to compile for an
> incompatible 32 bits. Hence, I'm emailing the zipped package and opening it
> in another computer with an older macOS to test it.
>
> Can we make it compile for 64 by default? And what do I need to do to
> configure it to do so?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>