[PD-dev] issues compiling Pd in macOS mojave

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed May 1 02:10:44 CEST 2019

Em ter, 30 de abr de 2019 às 21:02, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hmm. I use this same approach everyday and it's working fine. How old is
> the system you're running it on? Does the app work fine on your s
>
> On May 1, 2019, at 1:51 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> There we go, I end up with 'Pd-0.49-1.app.app' but it's fine :)
>
> Now, Pd opens, but I can't use it well, on an empty canvas I can't insert
> an object, if I resize the window it all goes to black, so we're not quite
> there yet :(
>

> Is this on your system or another system? Which macOS version? Building an
> app on 10.14 will probably not run on say 10.7 but probably will work fine
> on 10.12. There might be some way to make this work, but it would take a
> lot more time and testing, possibly.

So, the issue is that I couldn't open the app that I built in 10.14, so I'm
opening on an old one. Now I can build and generate an app that opens, but
these issues are on the same machine.

What I'm doing then is just generating the app as I did before, and that I
can only open in the older machine with an older system to test it out.

> Anyway, it's not that terrible that I need to use an older computer. And
> if I get it right, next release will probably have things updated and
> working fine, huh?
>

> If it's a lot older, a quick fix is to take Miller's build and just copy
> in the Pd core into the .app bundle manually as what you are seeing is
> issues with Tcl/Tk.

Yeah, I'm wondering from what you said if I can just copy the generated
core into my Pd.0.49-1 app I have downloaded from Miller's site. I'll see
if I can do that next time.

cheers