[PD-dev] issues compiling Pd in macOS mojave

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon May 27 19:50:24 CEST 2019

I'm happy to keep using 8.5.19 on my Pd builds as long as I can (eventually
Apple will do something that will break binary compatibility; we can
count on them for that; but hopefully not for a while).  But at the same
time, unless you're trying to make a version of Pd that can run on OSX 10.6,
you should follow Dan's suggestion and use a newer version of Tcl/Tk.

(And if you _do_ care about running on 10.6, perhaps that's because you know
someone who has a 10.6 machine, and then I'd suggest you compile it on that
one instead of a 10.14 one.)

Meanwhile I'm happy to send my compiled Wish around - I've already sent it to
Dan so that he can make it easy to get.

cheers
Miller